Charities

The Blade is proud to support kids in need!

 

Kellie Rynn Academy

In memory of their daughter, Kellie Rynn, Kathryn and Ashley Martin created the Kellie Rynn Academy to provide scholarships for deserving families, to local child care facilities, that meet their high standards.  Scholarship recipients will be given the opportunity to attend a child care facility that ranks in the highest levels of education and  safety. The schools will be educational facilities with nurturing environments, where parents may leave their children with confidence. Kellie Rynn Academy has committed to paying for 75% of the family’s child care tuition. The parents will be responsible for the remaining 25% as well as required to attend health and safety training courses throughout the year.

Kellie Rynn Academy will provide safety and health training opportunities for scholarship families and also offer the training to other Greenville County families. Specific development opportunities will include car seat safety check, CPR, fire safety, sleep safety etc…   Again, the aim of Kellie Rynn Academy is to provide a safe, educational, and nurturing environment for children.

Check out the Kellie Rynn Academy website for more information about this organization.

 

scjgaSouth Carolina Junior Golf Association (SCJGA)

The purpose of the South Carolina Junior Golf Association is to perpetuate the history and traditions of the ancient game of golf through its members, and with an active outreach to the youth of our state.

Established in 1990 by community leaders with a love for the game and a commitment to passing on golf’s heritage to the youth of South Carolina, the SCJGA is committed to meeting the needs of all young people in the state and providing playing opportunities to boys and girls that might not otherwise have the chance to experience golf and its many benefits.

Golf can and does shape the lives of kids throughout South Carolina.  It promotes healthy competition, fosters a drive to succeed, and teaches many lessons of life.  Through the contributions of golfers, courses and businesses across the state, the SCJGA provides opportunities, builds character, and shapes lives.

In 2008, the SCJGA was named the top regional junior golf association in the country by Golf Digest magazine.

Check out the SCJGA Website for more information about this wonderful organization!