The Blade Junior Golf Classic
After 20+ years, The Blade is still the SCJGA’s premiere event.
The Blade Jr. Golf Classic was founded in 1999 by a group of Thornblade Club members that had a passion for junior golf and a vision of creating the best junior golf tournament experience. Led by current Blade chairman, Rob Reeves and a dedicated board of directors, The Blade has become the premiere event on the SCJGA tournament schedule.
Over the past 20+ years, The Blade hosted over 2800 junior golfers and their families providing a tournament experience that includes not only a 36 hole stroke play tournament but a Jr-Am tournament for our sponsors, a family dinner with guest speakers, and a pre-tournament party which raises funds for local children’s charities.
The Blade Gives Back
Over the past 20+ years, The Blade with the help of our generous sponsors has been able to support many upstate charities. These Charities include:
– Pediatric Cancer Research at Greenville Children’s Hospital
– Camp Courage: a children’s camp for your that cannot attend normal summer camps because of severe medical issues
– The Frazee Center
– The Kellie Rynn Academy
– 1st Tee of the Upstate
– SC Junior Golf foundation
– Dick & Lucille Hendley Scholarship Foundation
The Blade is pleased to announce that we have surpassed $1,400,000 in donations to these local charities. These donations would not have been possible without the strong support of our loyal sponsors and the support of Jay and Jan Haas.
Schedule of Events
July 19 – 21, 2022 – Thornblade Club
Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- 8:00 am – First Round – 18 holers & 9 holers (lunch included)
- 2:00 pm (approx.) – Second Round for 9 Holers (awards following play)
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- 8:00 am – Second Round – 18 holers (lunch included)
Thursday, July 21, 2022
- 7:30 am – Final Round for players who make cut – Awards Following Play